2. I did
not buy the full kit. Instead I
bought a cast-off from a Tamiya Me-262 sold on EBay.
3. By March 2005 the major sub-assemblies
have been put together and painted. This involved airbrushing first a
black undercoat then the camouflage colour. Next the shadows and
staining were added with chalk dust.
4. The tracks involved a lot of detail
After the chalk dust weathering is
applied on the matt base then a coat of gloss is airbrushed on top. This
seals in the chalk and provides a better base for an acrylic brown wash
that goes over top. The wash runs into cracks and highlights detail.
6. The acrylic wash would not run into the
details if we used a matt base coat. Instead it would have just soaked
into the matt coat.
7. After the acrylic wash then the final
assembly is performed and dry-brushing is performed.
8. The finished model is a little gem and
seen here photographed with the Bf109 E4 featured elsewhere on this web
A final shot of the Kettengraftrad.